Teacher Qualifications - Parents of students in Title I buildings may request information regarding the professional qualifications of the students' classroom teachers including:
- Whether the teacher has met state qualifications and licensing criteria for the grade level and subject area taught
- Whether the teacher is teaching under emergency or temporary status in which state qualifications or licensing criteria have been waived
- The teacher's baccalaureate degree, major, graduate certification, and field of discipline and
- Whether the student is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualifications.
Federal Application: In accordance with the law, federal program applications and waiver requests are available for public review at the Orrville Board of Education office. Please submit your request in writing.
Complaint Procedure: See attached procedure
Orrville Schools will participate in the state assessments the during the announced testing window provided by the Ohio Department of Education. Specific dates will be determined by the school. Dates will be posted on the school's website/parental newsletter. Parents may request information regarding any state or district policy regarding student participation in any assessments mandated by Section 111(b)(2) and by the state or district, including a policy, procedure, or parental right to opt the child out of the assessment where applicable.
- Fall assessments - 3rd grade Language arts (October 22 through November 2); High school end of course (December 4 through January 12)
- Spring Engiish/Language Arts assessments; Grades 3,4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and high school end of course exams (March 25 to April 26)
- Spring Mathematics/Science/Social Studies assessments: Grades 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and high school end of coruse exams (April 1 to May 10)
- Testing times document here:http://oh.portal.airast.org/core/fileparse.php/3094/urlt/OH_State_Test_Times.pdf
- Summer assessments for third grade reading guarantee: 3rd grade ELA (July 8 - 12)
- ACT Testing for college and career readiness - 11th grade (February 27 and March 20)
- OELPA (Ohio English Language Proficiency Assessment) for English Language Learners (February 4 through March 29)
- Alternative assessments for students with significant cognitive disabilities (February 18 through April 12)
- English language arts, grades K-5 = McGraw-Hill's Reading Wonders
- English language arts, grades 6-8 = Houghton Mifflin Harcourt's (HMH) Collections
- Math, grades K-8 = McGraw-Hill's MyMath
- Reading & Math - benchmark diagnostic assessment and progress monitoring, grades K-8 = Curriculum Associate's iReady
The district has adopted the following parental involvement plan Policy IGBJ.