STUDENT DRESS CODE
The following dress code includes the modifications initiated by representatives of the students, faculty, parents and administration. All teachers will assist in enforcing the Dress Code as adopted by the Board of Education. The administration reserves the right to make the final decision on the appropriateness of student dress and grooming.
Students who are in violation of the dress code will be required to change clothes and will receive a minimum of one demerit. Multiple referrals for dress code violations will be considered insubordination.
- Students should be clean and neat in person and appropriate clothing at all times. Unnatural colored hair or hair that covers ones eyes is not ermitted. No facial jewelry is permitted, including tongue piercings.
- The student council, or other school organization, may periodically request a theme or spirit day through the administration.
- Shorts, skirts and skorts must be below the fingertips when arms are resting naturally at the sides.
- Attire that has alcohol/drug/tobacco related connotations, obscene writing/racial, sexual explicit or ethnic slurs will not be permitted.
- Hats, bandannas/head coverings, ear wraps, hoods, earphones, ear buds etc. and sunglasses are not permitted to be worn by male or female students during the school day.
- Tube tops, halter-tops, midriffs, tank tops worn alone, shirts revealing cleavage and tight fitting body shirts are not to be worn to school. Sleeveless tops for girls must be at least a 2-inch shoulder. Pajama pants are not to be worn in school.
- Shirts and pants must meet at the belt line at all times.
- Torn or ripped clothing or clothing with holes in it will not be permitted.
- Chains for the purpose of securing wallets or keys to clothing are to be attached and may not exceed 10 inches in length, with chain links no larger than a ¼ inch. The above are the only reasons for students to have chains in school.
- Colors or other gang related indicators will not be permitted.
- Outer coats will not be worn in classrooms.
- Backpacks, satchels and suitcases will not be used in the school building during the school day.
- No tights or tight-fitting yoga pants/leggings are to be worn without a shirt or skirt extending below fingertips for coverage.
NOTE: Athletic teams may ban facial hair as part of their team rules.